We look forward to the 2010 elections in the hope that we can decisively reject Barack Obama's plans to "fundamentally transform the United States." Here are some questions voters can ask all candidates to help decide whom to vote for.
Questions especially for Senate candidates:
- Will you vote against all tax increases and new taxes?
- Will you vote to extend all the Republican tax cuts?
- Will you vote to cut federal spending to the pre-bailout level?
- Will you vote to abolish the death tax without passing a new tax (called "carryover basis") on the sale of inherited property?
- Will you pledge to vote to repeal Obamacare?
- Will you vote for legislation providing that all health plans receiving federal tax benefits include the availability of high-deductible insurance with health savings accounts?
- Will you pledge to enact a government-wide ban on the funding of abortions in any health plan that receives federal benefits?
- Will you pledge to vote against any form of amnesty for illegal aliens?
- Will you vote to cut off funds for the Attorney General to sue to get a judge to knock out Arizona's popular immigration-enforcement law?
- Will you vote to require employers to use the E-Verify system to verify the Social Security numbers of their employees?
- Will you order the federal government to build the fence on our southern border as legislated in the Secure Fence Act of 2006?
- Will you send U.S. troops to our southern border to prevent illegal entry?
- Will you vote for legislation providing that no judge can force the government to communicate with anyone in a language other than English?
- Will you vote for legislation requiring that aliens seeking to enter or remain in the United States must renounce a belief in jihad, sharia, polygamy, child marriage, arranged marriage, "honor" killings, and female genital mutilation?
- Will you vote to prohibit Mexican trucks on U.S. roads?
- Will you vote to stop giving the benefits of U.S. citizenship to babies ("anchor babies") born to illegal aliens?
- Will you vote for legislation repealing EMTALA (which requires hospitals to provide free medical care to illegal aliens) and limiting Plyler v. Doe (which requires public schools to give a free education to the children of illegal aliens)?
- Will you vote against any bills that exceed the enumerated constitutional powers of Congress?
- Will you vote to prohibit the use of taxpayers' funds for any activity designed to promote economic or political union with North America or any foreign countries?
- Will you pledge to vote No on increased federal involvement in education?
- Will you urge congressional committee chairmen to hold public hearings on the grab for legislative powers by supremacist judges, and then take appropriate action to require the judiciary to respect the separation of powers?
- Will you vote to tie federal school appropriations to informed, written parental consent for curricula, surveys, classes or books that may be privacy-invading or offensive to religion or conscience?
- Will you vote to defund Planned Parenthood?
- Will you pledge to vote No on any attempt to repeal DOMA?
- Will you support the right of all fit parents to the care, custody, and control of the upbringing of their children, even if parents are divorced?
- Will you vote No on any effort to revive the so-called Equal Rights Amendment and on any legislation implying that the ERA, which expired in 1982, is still somehow viable?
- Will you vote against repeal of the law that forbids open homosexuals from serving in our military?
- Will you oppose any and all proposals for a national Constitutional Convention (known as a Con Con)?
- Will you oppose any attempt to bypass the Electoral College by a vote-transfer deceit called National Popular Vote?
- Will you vote against any legislation to pretend that the District of Columbia is a state and entitled to a state's representation in Congress?
- Will you vote No on any carbon tax or cap-and-trade bill?
- Will you vote to eliminate the ban on our favorite light bulbs?
- Will you vote No on Card Check that eliminates the secret ballot in workers' elections?
- Will you vote for legislation providing that actions claiming a violation of the Establishment Clause shall not be eligible for an award of attorney's fees?
The more Yes answers to these questions, the more support the candidate deserves.
- Will you vote No on the New START Treaty, which would restrict our right to build anti-missile defenses?
- Will you vote No on the UN Law of the Sea Treaty?
- Will you vote No on the UN Treaty on the Rights of the Child?
- Will you vote No on the UN Treaty on Women (known as CEDAW)?
- Will you vote against any judicial nominee who espouses the unconstitutional theories of a "living" or "evolving" Constitution, or an "activist" judiciary?