To the Editor:
My 14-year-old daughter Pearl is a freshman at Ft. Myers High School and my 11-year-old daughter Lily is in 5th grade at Three Oaks Elementary. Here are some of the things they have relayed to me concerning what they have been learning in our public schools:
Dr. Jean-Marc Bovee
- Lily said, "I would rather just shoot myself in the head because it would be a less painful death than to suffer and die from global warming."
- Pearl has been studying the Watergate scandal for three weeks. She has had to memorize the name of everyone involved (people I've never heard of) for a test.
- Both girls have been taught to fear the extinction of polar bears.
- Both girls have had numerous lessons about various aspects of the Native Americans and the brutal treatment thereof.
- Both girls have studied the Pueblo people, and Mexican pottery.
- Neither girl has spent much time studying our American forefathers.
Ft. Myers, Florida