Religious Freedom and Americans of Faith
Are Under Attack from the Obama Administration
On Attacks on the Religious Freedom of Members of the Military and Veterans:
- In July of 2011, Barack Obama’s Department of Veterans Affairs banned any mention of Jesus Christ at the Houston National Cemetery. The ban was ultimately reluctantly lifted.
- Also in 2011 the U.S. Air Force Academy ended its support for Operation Christmas Child because the group is Christian and headed up by Franklin Graham, Billy Graham’s son.
- In 20P Walter Reed Army Medical Center revised its rules to read: “No religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading materials and/or facts) are allowed to be given away or used during a visit.” The policy was later very reluctantly rescinded in the face of extreme public pressure.
- This year the Air Force bowed to the wishes of the “Military Order of Atheist and Freethinkers” and removed the Latin word for God, “Dei,” from the logo of the Rapid Capabilities Office.
- Also this year the U.S. Army warned Catholic Chaplains to not read a letter from Archbishop Timothy Broglio opposing the Department of Health and Human Services’ contraceptive/abortifacient mandate.
On Compelling Religious Americans and Organizations to Violate Their Beliefs:
- One of President Obama’s first acts was to compel U.S. taxpayers to fund non-governmental organizations that paid for abortions oversees.
- Mr. Obama has ordered doctors and nurses who work at federally-funded hospitals to perform abor tions.
- President Obama recently ordered that religious organizations and companies pay for insurance poli cies for their employees that cover abortions and contraceptives even if such an action violates their religious beliefs.
On Militant Secularism in the Federal Government Bureaucracy:
- In 2009 Barack Obama forced Georgetown University, a Catholic institution, cover a symbol for the name of Jesus that would have appeared behind him while he was giving a speech at that famous col lege.
- Also in 2009 the Department of Homeland Security produced a report on “right-wing extremism” that warned of a national security threat from pro-life terrorists.
- Starting that same year, Obama dropped the practice of holding a public event at the White House to commemorate the National Day of Prayer.
- Obama has consistently battled to shut down the District of Columbia’s school voucher program after being pressured to do so by militant secularists.
- President Obama nominated militant homosexual activist and anti-religious zealot Kevin Jennings to head up the Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools.
- In 2010, Obama’s Pentagon disinvited Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham from its National Day of Prayer event.
- The Obama Administration was the very first one in American history to meet and plot political strategy with lobbyists for the atheist Secular Coalition for America.
- In October of 2010 Obama began dropping the phrase “by their Creator” when quoting from the Declaration of Independence, which changes its meaning. The Founding Fathers believed that our rights come from God, not government.