ACTION ALERT |
Write President Bush respectfully urging him to use his office (and his current high job approval rating with the American people) as a bully pulpit to pressure the Senate for the proper timely consideration and confirmation of his judicial nominees.
Ask that he call on the Democratic leadership in his address to the next Joint Session of Congress to take action on the matter of judgeships. President Bush's upcoming State of the Union speech is scheduled for the evening of Jan. 29.
Request that the President speak directly to the American people about this critical issue as he travels the country; emphasizing the importance of his presidential responsibility to appoint judges who adhere to constitutional principles, and challenging the Senate to act.
Before 1/29/02 and throughout the month of February:
- Send an e-mail comment addressed to the [email protected]
- Call the White House Comments Line at 202-456-1111.
- Write President Bush at The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC 20500.
- At the same address as above, write a brief letter encouraging the same course of action to Karen Hughes, Counselor to the President, at the White House Office of Communications. Ms. Hughes oversees the Press Office, and in addition to controlling scheduling and speechwriting, she
counsels the President on which topics merit his personal statements and
- Contact your Senators and urge them to push for action on the current Bush
Nominees and future nominees. Senate contact information.