Obamanation Strikes the Courts — We Must Fight Back!!!
BREAKING NEWS: Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans today delayed Committee movement on the nomination of Goodwin Liu to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. The Committee has already sent to the Senate floor the nomination of Edward Chen to the U.S. District court for the Northern District of California (which is part of the Ninth Circuit). The Ninth Circuit's radical, out-of-line Reconstructionist decisions have earned it with some of us the label of the "Nasty Ninth." Liu and Chen (although not a Circuit Court appointee) (yet!), help drive the Ninth Circuit and its District Courts even farther to the left.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact your Senators and urge them to vote "no" on Chen, whose nomination could occur at any time;
- Contact Senate Judiciary Committee members and urge them to vote "no" on Liu.
- For information on Goodwin Liu, click here. The Liu danger is summarized in his book, Keeping Faith with the Constitution, [a remarkable title], where he declares that his approach to constitutional interpretation is that of "constitutional fidelity" (flashback — recall USSC nominee Sonia Sotomayor's initial testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee in the summer of 2009, when she described her constitutional philosophy as that of "fidelity to the constitution"????!).
Liu defines "constitutional fidelity" as "[interpreting the document], not how [it] would have been applied at the Founding, but rather how it should be applied today in order to sustain its vitality in light of the changing needs, conditions, and understandings of our society."
Further Reading about Goodwin Liu:
- For information on Edward Chen, click here. The Chen danger is indicated by his comments as an ACLU attorney in a public library pornography case: "all members of the community [including children] have free and equal access to the entire range of library resources [including obscene pornography] . . . . "
Chen's Reconstructionist judicial philosophy is also apparent in a speech he made while serving as a U.S. Magistrate Judge: "[I find ] most rewarding . . . [c]ontributing to the development of the law [NOT a judicial function] via published opinion, especially if it comports with my view of justice.
- Arm yourself with the power of knowledge to fight these and future radical left-wing nominees by signing up for the Blackstone Institute's power-packed short studies.
The significance of these nominations is summarized by the head of the Judicial Action Group, Phillip Jauregui, who declares that "Liu is by far the most constitutionally offensive nominee put up thus far by Obama." With a U.S. Supreme Court vacancy expected by many observers this summer, we must prepare NOW for the constitutional/judicial front in Obama's campaign against the Constitution in America's Culture War!